House Rules and Regulations
- The dining minimum will apply to food and beverage consumed at the club; it will not apply to the purchase of clothing or all other non-food and non-beverage items.
- If a minimum of $100.00 has not been spent during the month on food and beverage purchases; including a la carte dining, private parties, banquets and snack bar purchases, the unspent portion will be included in the monthly statement. Service charges and sales tax will apply to the minimum.
*You will be able to defer your minimum to the next month twice a year with at least 30 days notice in writing to the office.
Charge tickets: A charge ticket will be signed for all purchases of goods or services, unless otherwise approved by the Board of Directors.
A service charge of 15% and sales tax will automatically be added to all members’ charges for food and beverage. A service charge of 20% and sales tax will be added to all member-sponsored functions.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
- Club staff shall not serve alcoholic beverages to anyone who is or appears to be intoxicated. The judgment of management concerning the state of intoxication will be final.
- Alcoholic “To Go” beverages are not allowed.
- Should a member or guest appear to be intoxicated, the staff has been instructed to contact a relative or an independent taxi company and require that the individual be transported to his/her home via the relative or taxi company contacted. Employees will not personally transport the member or guest to his/her home.
- It shall be the policy of the Club that each member must assume responsibility not only for himself but also for his guests. Further, each member is encouraged to comply with the spirit of this policy by assisting in its implementation insofar as his fellow members are concerned.
- Any disciplinary action growing out of the implementation of the Club’s policy on alcohol service shall be at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- When private parties are held at the Club that has minors in attendance, the host member will insure that non-alcoholic beverage service is available. The Club staff has been instructed not to serve alcoholic beverages to a minor (as defined by the laws in the State of California). Further, when there is a question as to the age of the individual, the staff will verify age by examining the appropriate documents submitted by the person in question.
- The Club requires reservations.
- The Club also requires that if a member cannot keep the reservation, the Club be so notified.
- Reservations are required for Club “special” events. Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event. A member who cancels within 48 hours of the event or who fails to show at the event will be charged for the event.
Corkage ChargesBanquet Department:
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought onto Club property for consumption; however, they may be brought onto Club property as gifts or prizes, so long as they are not consumed on the property.
- Permission to supply alcoholic beverages may be granted to parties who bring their own wine for their event and have that wine delivered to the Club for their function by a licensed wholesaler. A corkage charge of $9.00 per bottle opened will be charged.
- Members may bring wine selections from their own cellar to the Club for consumption with their dinner, provided that the wine they wish to bring is not available at the Club.
- A corkage charge of $9.00 per bottle will be charged for all bottles brought onto Club property for consumption.
- Unless authorized by the board, in no other case will the Club permit alcoholic beverages, beer, or liquor to be brought onto the Club property for the purpose of consumption.
- A member responsible for a private or organization affair must advise all attendees as to proper conduct and dress code requirements both in the Clubhouse and on club grounds.
- A member’s “private party” refers to a party hosted and paid for exclusively by one or more members of the Club or a party sponsored by a member of the Club for his or her own firm or close friend. The host member must be in attendance at such a function.
The following general rules apply to all private and Club functions:
- Private parties will be billed to the sponsoring member(s) account.
- When parties (private or organization) are canceled, no penalty will be incurred if notice to cancel is given 45 days prior to the event. After that time, a penalty will be assessed, unless a substitute party for that date and time can be obtained, or unless there are extenuating circumstances. The penalty will be $1,500.00 for parties of 150 or less, or $2,500.00 for parties in excess of 150. If bookings are made for a fixed number of guests and a lesser number appear, a full charge will be assessed for each absentee unless notification is given 72 hours in advance.
- The maximum number of persons that may be served at a reserved party without an advance-planned menu is 15. The menus for a party of more than 15 must be ordered in advance.
Cellular telecommunication equipment utilizing voice is not permitted in the Clubhouse. However,“texting, emails and other non-disruptive activities are permitted.”
Gambling is not allowed on club property.
General prohibitions and restrictions
- Advertising. No advertising, solicitation or subscription paper will be posted in the Clubhouse or on the premises.
- Subscription or collection. No subscription, solicitation or collection of any kind, except for Club purposes, will be permitted in the Clubhouse or on the premises.
- Animals. No animals will be allowed in the Clubhouse at anytime except for Certified Service dogs.
- Dog Policy.
Dogs on Victoria Club Property:
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Members who choose to walk their dogs on the golf course may do so prior to regular hours of operations.
- Member is required to clean up after their dog and to dispose of their pet’s waste properly and promptly.
- Member is obligated to keep their dog from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing an annoyance or discomfort to others and will promptly remedy any complaints made by others. Dog owner is responsible for any damages that it has cused unto others.
- Animal control office will be called for any dog not on a leash and roaming the golf course or clubhouse surrounding property.
- Food and beverage. No member, visitor or guest will be permitted to bring food or refreshments into the Club.
- Babies are required to wear plastic pants or diapers made specifically for swimming.
- Swimming attire is limited to the pool area only.
- Children 14 years or older may be left unattended at the pool while there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an individual 18 years or older at all times.
- Direction and control of employees. The Club employees are deemed to work under the direction and control of the General Manager. Therefore, any direction, discipline or reprimand of any employee or employees shall be done by management and not by members, visitors or guests. Any complaints should be reported to the General Manager.
- Sending employees off the premises. Members, visitors or guests will not send employees of the Club off the Club premises for any purpose.
- Tipping: Tipping any Club personnel is at the discretion of the member or guest.
- Service areas. No member, visitor or guest is allowed in the service areas of the Club except members of the Board of Directors and members of those committees whose functions involve the service departments.
The membership directory is intended solely for the private use of members to contact their fellow members.
No one will be authorized to use the Club’s mailing facilities without written permission from the Board of Directors.
Smoking is not prohibited in the clubhouse.
Juniors and locker room facilities
- Juniors under the age of 18 are permitted in the Barranca Room for no more than 30 minutes at any given time.
- Juniors under the age of 21 are permitted in the main bar lounge area, not seated at the bar, and only when they are in the company of a parent.
- Juniors are not permitted to loiter in the Men’s or Ladies’ Locker Room.
- Juniors are not permitted to loiter in the Ladies’ Lounge.